Small bathrooms can be a pain to work with, but you can make the most of the space with some clever design ideas. From using smaller fixtures and fittings to adding an extra room, our guide has everything you need to turn your bathroom into an oasis!
Ideas for Making the Most of a Small Bathroom
When it comes to making the most of a small bathroom, a few easy ideas can turn it into an extraordinary oasis. For starters, consider adding a built-in shower or bathtub. Not only will this give you more space to relax, but you’ll also be able to save valuable floor space by avoiding a separate shower and bath area.
If you don’t have room for a built-in shower or tub, another great way to maximize your bathroom is by installing a corner vanity in one of the walls. This will give you plenty of storage for your toiletries and make it easier to get ready in smaller quarters.
Finalmente, if you’re looking for ways to spruce up your small bathroom without investing too much money, consider some stylish decorating ideas like wall stickers or tile accents. These simple changes can give your bathroom a little bit of personality and help it feel more significant than its size might otherwise warrant.
Minimum Sizes for a Bathroom
A bathroom should be large enough to fit a toilet, sink, and shower comfortably. Generally speaking, a bathroom should not be smaller than 10 feet by 10 feet. A small bathroom can feel cramped and unfinished. Here are some tips to help turn a small bathroom into an extraordinary oasis:
1. Use accent pieces. Add features like a Jacuzzi tub or walk-in closet to boost your bathroom.
2. Choose comfortable furniture. Choose functional and stylish furniture, such as benches or chairs with oversized ottomans.
3. Focalize lighting and accessories. Make sure the lighting is soft and soothing, and select accessories like towel racks or bath mats that add texture and dimension to the space.
4. Create a sense of privacy by adding curtains or panels. These small details can make all the difference in creating an intimate space that feels luxurious rather than cramped.
Adding More Storage Space
Most people have a small bathroom that feels cramped and frustrating to use. There isn’t enough space to do everything you need in there. Adding more storage space can make a big difference in how comfortable and functional your bathroom is. Here are four ideas for adding storage space to your bathroom without taking up any additional floor space:
1. Add a Storage Cabinet. A storage cabinet can be a great way to organize your bathroom supplies, including your toothbrush and toothpaste, so they’re easy to access when needed. You can also store extra toiletries in the cabinet if you have a guest room.
2. Install a Shower Stall Storage Rack. This type of rack is perfect for holding shampoo, conditioner, soap, and other shower essentials. It’s also perfect for organizing your shower supplies, making them easy to find when you need them.
3. Install Over-the-Toilet Storage Rack. If you have an over-the-toilet storage area that’s unused, consider installing a storage rack over it. This will give you plenty of room to store towels, robes, and other items that come in handy during your daily bath routine.
4. Add Wall Mounted Shelf Systems To Your Bathroom Walls. These shelves are perfect for storing toiletries like shampoo and conditioner and other bathroom items like bath mats and rugs. They’re also great for storing baskets full of linens or towels.
Creating an Illusion of Space with Mirrors and Custom Tile
Adding an illusion of space to a small bathroom can be done with mirrors and custom tile. By arranging multiple mirrors around the room, you can create the appearance of additional space. Custom tile can also add texture and dimension to a small bathroom. By choosing tiles that are different colors, patterns, or sizes, you can create a unique décor that is sure to make your bathroom stand out.
Tips for Making the Most of a Small Bathroom
When making the most of a small bathroom, remember a few things. First, think about what you want your bathroom to do for you. Do you want it to be functional and practical? Or would you instead feel like a spa retreat? Once you know what you’re looking for, start by taking stock of your space. Is there enough counter space? Can you fit a bathtub or shower in the space? If not, is there another area where you can put one? And if so, is that an accessible area?
Once you have the basics figured out, consider adding some complementary pieces. A luxurious bathmat will add personality and style to any bathroom. If space is tight, consider installing a towel rack instead. Not only will this save valuable counter space, but it’ll also free up more room for other objects in the bathroom. And finally, don’t forget about lighting! A well-lit bathroom will make getting ready in the morning much more accessible.
If your bathroom is small and cramped, don’t be afraid to make the necessary upgrades. By upgrading your bathroom with a few well-placed design elements, you can turn it into an extraordinary oasis that will make you feel confident and stylish. From wall sconces to flooring tiles, there are many ways to spruce up your bathroom without breaking the bank or sacrificing function. So please take a look at our suggestions and see which one might be best for your needs!